Director Building Services
Client side project management jobs dont come any better than this! A Director of Building Services is needed to take responsibility for the delivery of building services element of a massive resort expansion development in Singapore.
The project is now underway so this is a live urgent construction job vacancy requiring urgent applications from suitably experienced building services engineers.
You will be stationed on the project in downtown Singapore.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Executive Director of Building Services, the Director is responsible for all aspects of the onsite process and construction of major projects within the Department of Development and Project Management team for the project or as required by the department head.
The set role will include involvement at an early stage in the development of the project with much of the role concentrating on the delivery aspect of the defined works. The successful candidate must have commercial construction industry experience on major fit-out, A & A projects with experience in live working environment preferable.
- Develop and lead a team of internal MEPF/ELV managers, engineers to successfully deliver complex projects within a live dynamic environment.
- Lead the onsite team and ensure project completion within the set budget, schedule and conformance with design documents.
- Advise and establish clear project programmes and milestones to monitor and report project progress.
- Participate in developing project bidding strategy with the project team and purchasing department. Prepare scopes of work for each trade, in construction with purchasing.
- Review and provide schedule information for bid documents. May participate in contract negotiations.
- Develop a logistics plan that allows the contractors to complete their work in a coordinated, efficient manner under the Project manager directive
- Coordinate and integrate the activities of all the assistant project managers, project engineers and other support staff on the project. Establish priorities for the project staff based on owner and project requirements.
- Establish regularly scheduled meetings with the MEPF/ELV contractors and design team to review the following: shop drawing preparation / approval, equipment/material lead times and required on-site dates, manpower projections vis-a-vis the project schedule, quality/performance issues on and off site.
- Monitor contractor/vendor pending costs. Ensure that the cost report is updated on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate with the project executive all client “business” related contact/correspondence to ensure consistency of reporting throughout the project life-cycle.
- Conduct regular project/contractor meetings to review project progress and the following issues: Current cost projections/change orders issued to date, anticipated “pending” costs, schedule update, requisition review, highlight near term major activities, changes to the project, any other issues deemed appropriate.
- Ensure all costs and risk updates are communicated and incorporated into the overall project reporting.
- Obtain approvals for changes to the project that have been generated by the contractor team.
- Establish adequate Inspection and Testing with hold points enforced to ensure desired quality of delivery is maintained.
Obtain client’s acceptance of the MEPF/ELV works, and sign-off for that element of the completed project. Responsible for the preparation and submission of the final project report, and prompt closeout of the subcontracts.
- Study, evaluate and identify all tasks and risks from bidding to project undertaking, implementation and up to the final completion of the project.
- Initiate site activity investigations and assessments.
- Evaluate and assess equipment and recommend designs for the project team integrating safety measures.
- Analyze, evaluate and initiate potential energy conservation measures while executing a project.
- Design, develop and initiate site-specific safety plan including an accident-free safe work environment.
- Lead, direct, assist and support construction teams to ensure deliverable processes on time and within the budget.
- Prepare detailed, accurate timely project reports including work schedules, implementations, deviations, change in subcontractors, customer issues and other related problems.
Initiate and implement best practices, procedures and standards in compliance with Company’s laws.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 15+ years previous work experience as a Senior Project Manager on major projects , preferably in an A & A related field
- Knowledge of construction, engineering, procurement, industry standards and other project-related activities.
- Proven ability to manage and lead teams to build collaboration and efficiency.
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the budget process.
- Ability to communicate effectively across offices.
- Strong presentation and negotiating skills, and experience supervising, training and mentoring staff.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and working with others.
- Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests, management, other team members, and outside contacts.
- Work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to, CRT, noise, dust, and cigarette smoke.
- BEng degree in Building Services Engineering, HNC Mechanical Services Engineering, HNC Electrical Services or equivalent.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a massive resort developer and owner, boasting one of the biggest and most valuable resort and casino property portfolios in the world. It has provided construction careers to many in Singapore as well as in other parts of the world
A full profile will be advised to shortlisted applicants.
Please apply via the Maxim website only, with a CV of 2-5 pages in length saved in Word format and see if you can be successful in securing a construction job interview with the client.