Electrical Engineering Expert Consultant
A leading Electrical and IT Expert Witness consultancy is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join them as a specialist expert consultant. You will perform expert investigative services on disputes surrounding electrical issues on a wide variety of projects.
You will perform expert investigative services on disputes surrounding electrical issues on a wide variety of projects. Projects range widely in size and value, and could include issues as small as a small scale wiring problem, and as large as a £multi-billion construction project with electrical sector disputes.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Investigate issues that arise in the electrical sector
- Be pro-active in your approach in researching new material that may help you with the dispute
- Advising in relation to compliance with current legislative requirements, best practice and fitness for purpose;
- Conducting site inspections and practical investigations of electronic products to understand and advise on any related failure;
- Presenting all findings in a report and, in some cases, attending court to provide your opinions in person should you be of that level of experience
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong experience in electronics and electrical engineering
- Critical thinking & problem solving;
- Proactive, adaptable mind-set
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good English/Maths/General IT skills.
A degree would be a bonus, however, experience and attitude is more important for this role
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a leading Electrical and IT Expert Witness consultancy headquartered in the North West of England, but with offices in London and a client-base spanning the whole of the UK. They focus on the technological aspects of disputes in a variety of sectors, with a core focus on electrical engineering and IT disputes.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a benefits package on top of a competitive base salary which includes private health, pension contribution, life assurance, a bonus and more.