Entry Level Delay AnalystRef MAX9081 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary £40k - £50k + Benefits Package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 29/01/2021 Status Live
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Planner to move into a Delay Analyst role with the specialist claims and disputes division on a leading consultancy, based in central London.
The client is looking to hire construction planner who has had some exposure to carrying out delay analysis and forensic planning as part of their current role.
For candidates dedicated to progressing their career and delay analysis and claims and disputes work, training and support can be provided to enhance and develop your delay analysis skills. However to be eligible for this role, candidates must have at least 3-4 years in a planning role and be familiar with using common planning software’s such as Primavera P6, Asta PowerProject and/or similar.
The hiring company are a large consultancy and have a large division of their business which specialises in claims and disputes work.
You will work alongside experienced and reputable professionals in advising clients on claims and disputes related issues specific to their projects. Within this role, you will gain exposure to working on an exciting combination of building and civils related projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
Candidates will be expected to support senior staff on projects / assignments requiring planning and delay analysis expertise.
Whilst working in this role, you will gain exposure to live planning work, handling delay claims on live projects, working on formal disputes that are preparing for adjudications and similar resolution techniques, as well as supporting an expert witness in arbitration and litigation proceedings.
As you become more experienced in the role, you will work more independently and gain greater exposure to more complex disputes.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have a Planning background and a solid foundation of experience in carrying out traditional planning duties which can then be developed.
- Candidates must have had some exposure to carrying out delay analysis as part of their planning role. It would be preferable if candidates have been involved in assisting on formal disputes such as adjudications and arbitrations, however this is not essential.
- Candidates must be seriously motivated to progress their career in a specialist claims and disputes environment
- Good continuity of employment is desired by the client
- Candidates must have a strong working knowledge of using common planning software’s such as Primavera and Asta PowerProject
- Strong analytical skills are required
- Excellent writing skills will be required
- Candidates should be degree qualified in a relevant subject
- Membership of a professional body is advantageous, but is not essential. As is further education, such as an MSc in construction law. Candidates working towards this or with a desire to gain such a qualification will also be considered.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a large consultancy with offices throughout the UK. They provide a number of advisory services to their clients in relation to claims and contractual issues, formal disputes such as adjudications and expert witness services.
They are a large corporate company with excellent career prospects for candidates wanting to dedicate their career to claims and disputes related work. You will receive regular performance and pay reviews and be supported to achieve relevant professional memberships and higher qualifications, such as an MSc in Construction Law.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary in the region of £40k - £50k (DOE)
+ Car Allowance
+ 25 days Holiday
+ 5% pension
+ Private Medical Insurance
+ Life Insurance
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend