Environmental ManagerRef MAX9112 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Kowloon, Hong Kong Salary HK$150K / M ++ Salary Band £150,000 Plus TypePermanent Job Posted 29/04/2021 Status Live
If you are interested to explore construction jobs abroad, then our client, a highly regarded blue chip global rail business, is seeking to identify and appoint a seasoned Environmental Manager with hands on experience within a multi disciplinary railway project management environment to lead their Projects Environmental Management in Hong Kong.
You will be based in our clients Head Quarters on Kowloon side, Hong Kong. You will direct and manage the environmental programme to ensure that projects in Hong Kong are planned, designed and constructed in accordance with the company's sustainability and environmental policies and to the appropriate standards. Supervising a team of Senior Environmental Engineer, Environmental Engineers and Assistants Environmental Engineers and assume full responsibility over the environmental compliance and excellence of the Company's railway projects in Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the General Manager-Projects Management Office, you will:
- Support the Head of Sustainability Development to act as the Corporation’s key contact person with the government and other stakeholders on all environmental issues for Hong Kong Projects. Liaise with and advise government authorities, the Advisory Council on the Environment, green groups and relevant stakeholders to protect the Corporation’s interests.
- Manage the team’s reporting performance and efficiency. Direct and undertake environmental audits where necessary. Direct and guide the Environmental Hong Kong Projects team to minimize environmental impacts arising from Hong Kong Railway Projects with full legal compliance to the relevant environmental ordinances and permits.
- Lead the Environmental Team to execute all phases of statutory Environmental Impact Assessment EIA studies in the project planning, design and construction stages. Ensure the recommendations included in the EIA are acceptable to the Corporation, the Authorities, local communities and NGOs.
- Responsible for the compliance of Hong Kong Projects with the legislative as well as corporate sustainability and environmental standards, ISO 14000
- Act as internal adviser. Advise the Project, Engineering, Railway Systems and Operations Teams on environmental issues of new projects in Hong Kong, especially those projects not requiring an EIA under the EIA Ordinance or those designated projects with Direct Environmental Permit application.
- Prepare the budget for the Environmental Team Hong Kong Projects. Identify and deploy appropriate resources environmental for the Hong Kong Projects. Take responsibility for developing the core specialties of team members
- Initiate, design and direct environmental studies, prepare and manage environmental consultancies, agreements and engage consultancy if necessary and support Head of Sustainability where necessary. Prepare papers to relevant levels of project management.
- Decision on the team’s resources deployment and budgeting the environmental management programme.
- Engagement of environmental consultants / contractors and prepare their scope of services.
- Align the Hong Kong projects team’s response to environmental stakeholders.
- Participate in meetings with the Advisory Council on the Environment and senior government officials to represent the interest of the Corporation’s Hong Kong projects.
- Direct public consultation and participation programmes on environmental issues for Hong Kong projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in environmental engineering and project management of which at least 6 years should be at managerial responsibility level.
- Best with experience in railway construction and operation and an intimate knowledge of noise and vibration issues.
- Fully versed with all environmental assessment methodologies, ISO 14000 and similar.
- University degree in Engineering or Environmental Science or equivalent
- Corporate membership of the HKIE, HKIOA, CIWEM, HKIEIA or equivalent
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client , a highly regarded blue chip global rail business with an enviable portfolio of major projects underway within construction and operations, offers international construction jobs and is looking to strengthen its systems management team.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary and package available covering salary, housing, transport, medical and flights.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend