Estimator for Valuation Reporting
A small but expanding Consultancy firm specialising in Risk & Valuations in the oil & gas sector require a Lead Estimator to report directly to the Director of the business. This role can be home based in the UK but will require the successful candidate spend significant time Overseas. Particularly in your first 6 months in the role due to necessary training.
The successful candidate will ideally be someone from a mechanical engineering background with some knowledge of costs of oil & gas related projects. Training can be given to candidates with a good technical knowledge in the oil & gas / mechanical sector.
The hiring company are hired by Oil Companies or Insurance Brokers in the Oil & Gas sector to carry out Surveying and Valuation Reporting on companies as assets and associated assets such as buildings, telecommunications and control systems etc.
Specialising in the Oil & Gas / Petrochemical sector, often the company are hired by some of the leading Oil companies to survey and value report on all of their assets such as refineries, oil platforms etc. These are often companies with huge assets often valuing many Millions / Billions of Dollars, therefore Surveying on site can take several weeks.
Responsibilities and Duties
Primary responsibilities include the surveying and preparation of Valuation Reports using various methodologies but principally "replacement as new pricing". This report is used for the purposes of insuring the valuation of oil & gas, power generation, distribution and chemical/petrochemical assets and associated assets.
The job will involve extensive overseas travel to South-east Asia, Africa and the Middle East generally for periods of between one to five weeks.
The successful candidate will lead a team of Estimators on various assignments throughout the year (once adequately trained).
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidate's must have a strong technical knowledge of Mechanical Engineering. Ideally a Degree in Mechanical Engineering would be preferred, however extensive experience of working on projects in the oil & gas sector could be suitable.
- Candidate's should have some experience in Estimating and / or providing reports based on plans and assessing components to provide accurate valuations.
- Specific experience in Valuation Reports would be an advantage, however full training can be given for candidate with transferable skills
- Candidates with previous Overseas experience are desired, however this is not essential for the ideal candidate
- The hiring company would prefer candidate's to hold a Degree (or similar equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering. This is not necessarily essential for ideal candidate's with the suitable experience.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a small but highly reputable Consultancy specialising in Risk and Valuations. They have been operating for over 11 years and have a strong client base working directly for Oil companies as well as Insurance Brokers in this sector. They are a growing business with offices in the UK, Indonesia and South Africa. There line of work offers candidates flexible working arrangements in the UK with exciting Overseas travel.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic Salary = Circa £40,000 - £50,000
+ $100 per day uplift whilst working overseas
+ All expenses paid whilst overseas