EstimatorRef MAX7999 Job Posted 04/10/2018 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Birmingham Salary £45k - £55k + package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A very exciting opportunity has arisen for an Estimator to work in Birmingham on a highly prestigious rail project, due to a recent award. To be the successful candidate you must have strong estimating experience in either signalling, depots, or general rail infrastructure such as track laying, earthworks and other associated civil works.
You will be an Estimator working on a highly prestigious £multi billion rail project.
Responsibilities and Duties
Estimator Job Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Review clients project proposals and documents and identify the key items for pricing
- Determine the clients price submission requirements and create the estimating plan and document
- Build up an accurate cost estimate in an elemental and analytical format with a level of detail commensurate with the level of maturity of the client’s project
- Liaison with the client team and designers to understand the project requirements.
- Prepare & present the commercial aspects of the price to the heads of department
- Provide estimating assurance and governance to management and delivery teams.
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Review the Preparation of cost plans
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working in an Estimating role
- Experience working on either signalling, depots, or general rail infrastructure in the rail sector
- IT proficient with extensive exposure to use of spreadsheets & IT packages relating to estimating
- Degree qualified is preferred but not essential
- MACostE is beneficial but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is one of the leading construction and engineering consultancies on the globe, and are growing in the UK. They work on some of the most prestigious projects in the UK and internationally as well as various frameworks with clients. They are a multi-disciplinary consultancy that offer fantastic progression opportunities within.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a fantastic salary.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend