An Estimator is required to work in Birmingham on a number of exciting rail projects in the West Midlands. You should have proven infrastructure experience and undertake duties whilst reporting directly into the Regional Estimating Manager. This role is to work for a global construction consultancy.
You will be working on projects in the rail sector on a number of exciting schemes throughout the West Midlands.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Production of accurate and comprehensive estimates for projects in a timely and efficient manner. Control and management of the estimating process at project level;
- Production of estimates without management or supervision;
- Supporting development and promotion of estimating good practice within the company
- Assisting in the achievement of departmental objectives;
- Staying abreast of developments within own technical area of expertise to be able to give best practice advice in line with business objectives
Desired Skills and Experience
- Qualified to high standard in Estimating or Quantity Surveying with proven relevant experience;
- Wide and varied experience of construction projects;
- Relevant successful experience of provision of estimating and/or QS services in a large project environment;
- Understanding of project management, planning, risk and investment processes;
- Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status or on route is preferred.
- Preferred degree in quantity surveying or associated construction field;
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a major player in construction and civil engineering consultancy services in the UK and wider international market. They have an expanding civils and infrastructure division in the UK and are commonly awarded work on some of the most prestigious projects nationwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a fantastic salary and package, inclusive of a car allowance, private health, and pension scheme.