An Estimator is required to work for one of the UK’s largest main contractors, based out of their Head Office in Derby.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Estimating department for a busy main contractor. You will be responsible for preparing tenders for projects across all sectors of the business and typical project values will be between £500k - £10m.
The hiring company carry out a range of projects in the building sector. Typical project values will range between £500k and £10m.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Preparation of detailed cost estimates by analysing plans and specifications along with all technical information and performing quantity take offs.
• Qualifying and analysing subcontractor proposals and quotations.
• Keeping track of project costs, to ensure these do not exceed forecasts.
• Itemising trade specific scopes and preparation of bid packages.
• Building up rates from first principles.
• Utilising on screen take off and estimating software.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in Estimating and Tendering for a reputable main contractor on large scale construction projects is essential
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Proactive and professional approach to work
- Confident decision maker with the ability to work well under pressure
- The knowledge and confidence to manage, mentor and support junior members of staff
- A relevant Degree or similar equivalent qualification is advantageous, however not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a highly reputable, leading UK leading main contractor who deliver large scale projects in the built environment up and down the UK. With a turnover in excess of £900m they are one of the largest main contractors in the country.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£40k - £60k (DOE)
+ Company Pension Scheme
+Private Medical Cover (After qualifying period)
Office Hours: 08:00 - 17:00 (Mon - Fri)