EstimatorRef MAX8010 Job Posted 05/06/2019 Region South East England Location Reading Salary £50k - £55k + benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A fantastic opportunity for an Estimator has arisen in Reading, to join a global construction consultancy on a major utilities programme of works. You should have a strong Estimating background in any of utilities, civil engineering, infrastructure or oil & gas sectors. This is a great opportunity to progress your career with a highly reputable consultancy in construction, as the projects in question will be ongoing for at least 4-5 years.
You will be an Estimator working on a major utilities framework. Most projects that you will be involved in will revolve around pipeline networks underground, with either the installation of new pipelines or the re-direction of existing pipelines. Other projects will include the refurbishments of waste and clean water processing plants, underground pipelines, and heavy civil engineering works associated with the above. The projects in question will be ongoing for at least 4-5 years.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review clients project proposals and documents and identify the key items for pricing
- Determine the clients price submission requirements and create the estimating plan and document
- Build up an accurate cost estimate in an elemental and analytical format with a level of detail commensurate with the level of maturity of the client’s project
- Liaison with the client team and designers to understand the project requirements.
- Prepare & present the commercial aspects of the price to the heads of department
- Provide estimating assurance and governance to management and delivery teams.
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Review the Preparation of cost plans
Desired Skills and Experience
- Estimating experience
- Experience in any of utilities, civil engineering, infrastructure or oil & gas sectors
- Consultancy, Main Contractor or Client side backgrounds are all considered
- IT proficient with extensive exposure to use of spreadsheets & IT packages relating to estimating
- Experience of working competently & consistently in a pre-contract role is essential
- Degree in relevant construction discipline is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is one of the leading construction and engineering consultancies on the globe that operates on some of the most prestigious projects in the UK and overseas. They are a multi-disciplinary consultancy that offers fantastic progression opportunities within.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a fantastic salary.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend