An Estimator vacancy exists with a busy Chartered Surveying Practice south of Leicester.
The role will offer the suitable candidate opportunities to work on the pre contract side of interesting projects which will typically range in value from £1m up to £35m. Such projects will largely be across a range of sectors within the built environment.
This is an office based role in the South of Leicester and the hiring company are looking for a suitably experienced Quantity Surveyor or Estimator, ideally with some Consultancy experience, who can perform pre-contract duties such as cost estimates and managing tender processes. Candidates will also have the option to gain exposure to some post contract work on projects if this is something that you find desirable.
Typical projects will be valued in the region of £1m - £35m and are predominantly within the built environments, including:
- Industrial & manufacturing
Projects may span the length and breadth of the UK, however the businesses main portfolio is within the Midlands region. The majority of work will be new build and refurbishment projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will report directly into the senior Directors and carry out pre-contract and estimating duties for new projects. The business is small enough to have daily direct contact with the Directors of the business and you will work as part of a small but professional team in a professional and collaborative working environment.
Typical duties will include:
- Preparing construction cost estimates
- Schedule of works
- Bills of quantities
- Tender and contract reviews
- Feasibility studies
- Also some post contract duties on live projects where required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will either have experience as a QS performing pre-contract work for a PQS or potentially estimating experience for a main contractor
- Candidates will ideally have had exposure to a wide range of projects within the built environment
- Candidates should have experience of working on new build projects valued in excess of £1m as a minimum
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a client facing role
- Candidates will ideally be Degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a successful, busy Chartered QS and PM practice based in the South of Leicester, just off the A6. They have an enviable workload of projects and can see their workflow for circa 5 years to come, offering fantastic stability.
As well as this, they are a sociable office who work closely together and have a collaborative working environment. They are fully focussed on supporting employees with career development, further education, training and professional memberships.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£30k - £50k (DOE)
+ Other Benefits