An Estimator is required to join a premium real estate and development cost consultancy in Toronto. The projects for cost estimation work will include building projects, primarily within residential and commercial sectors.
Estimator for this job role must have some estimating experience and will be ambitious and looking for a fast-track training and career path. The role is an office-based role to carry out take offs, bills of quantities, cost plans and tenders for the employer’s client base.
The individual will be focused, a good communicator and self-confident. The company culture is one that empowers individuals to self-manage the needs of the Client with the support of the company owners.
Successful Estimator candidate will be based in the central Toronto office.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of an Estimator will be to:
- Cost estimating and pricing of projects using a methodology familiar to PQS / cost consultancy experienced Cost Estimators
- Using CostX Software
- Advising clients on budgets and in due course helping them to manage their cost management systems.
- Working within a team of technical advisors and cost estimators
- Commercial management duties
- Working successfully in a team environment
- Understanding and working to manage project risks
- To complete estimating tasks independently
- To provide support and assistance to colleagues, and accounts team in peak periods.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful Estimator Candidate will have:
- Around 2 or more years of previous Cost estimating experience within the construction industry
- Experience with Cost X software
- Previous experience with high rise estimates for projects would be ideal
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Great enthusiasm towards developing your career
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise work
- Good understanding of the building industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, including Excel
- Qualification to Degree level in a relevant Cost or Construction related subject, such as Quantity Surveying is preferred.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This Canadian employer in Toronto is one of the leading cost and multidisciplinary consultancies.
They offer continuity of work, career progression and good remuneration packages.
Full company profile details will be given to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Negotiable Salary dependant based on experience
- 15 days holiday + Christmas Holidays off
- Good benefits including dental & eye care