Forensic Accounting Senior ManagerRef MAX9034 Consultant Steve Thomas Region London Location London Salary Negotiable DOE Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 24/11/2020 Status Live
A Forensic Accounting Senior Manager / Director level job with a specialist UK and international consultancy specialising in Forensic Accountancy.
An experienced Director or Senior Manager Forensic Accountant is needed to join a specialist accounting, financial and valuation services company working on a range of financial and valuation related disputes across a range of different industries. These can include competition and anti trust claims, shareholder disputes, the quantification of damages and losses or other related issues requiring a forensic accounting input.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Director or Forensic Accounting Senior Manager, you will lead and manage forensic accounting work at all stages of a number of ongoing commercial and transaction disputes, and take responsibity for:
- management of a specialist forensic accounting team
- drafting deliverables and checking the work of other team members relating to investigative support assignments
- identifying and controlling risks arising during the engagement
- Networking with existing clients
- Developing new clients through face to face interaction (when and where possible) and through remote BD work from desk research and Teams / Zoom meetings
Desired Skills and Experience
This role is only suitable for a Chartered Forensic Accountant with previous hands on experience of working in a forensic accounting environment.
Additional Forensic Accounting skills and experience required include;
- Extensive forensic accounting experience is essential, gained within a forensic accountancy environment. This would likely be 3+ years of post qualification experience
- Additional experience also gained of working in an accountancy practice environment covering Valuation, Transaction Services and /or External Audit work is highly desirable
- Demonstrable assertive and confident professional manner with an excellent general business understanding and strong commercial awareness
- Comfortable working both independently and within a collaborative team environment
- Able to handle diverse and pressing Forensic Accounting assignments running concurrently, and capable of managing sensitive and adversarial situations to succesful conclusion
- Suitable Forensic Accountant job candidates will be critical thinkers with very good attention to forensic and transaction dispute detail
- Demonstrate excellent numerical and analytical skills and an ability to quickly understand, digest and then clearly explain complex matters in simple language
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Additional fluent second language skills are desirable as many forensic accounting assignments relate to international locations. Fluent Russian speakers with extensive experience leading accounting/ auditing engagements for large national/international companies in the CIS region would be of particular interest, although this is not essential.
The leading Forensic Accountants are able to demonstrate:
- Problem solving ability
- Time management skills
- Communication and literacy skills
- Ability to be inquisitive and sceptical where appropriate
- Have a good working knowledge of financial law and accounting standards
The Forensic Accountant job available requires, in addition to relevant experience, for candidates to be suitably qualified, Chartered and have 3+ years of post qualification experience in a relevant role
- A 2.1 (Hons) degree (or equivalent) in any subject is essential.
- A professional accountancy qualification is also essential and could be either:
ACA - Association of Chartered Accountants
ACCA - Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
CPA - Certified Public Accountant
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a premium specialist forensic accounting firm dedicated to providing accounting, financial and valuation services in the context of disputes.
They work across a wide range of industries and geographical areas.
Experts in the team have experience in all aspects of dispute work including commercial and contractual claims, shareholder disputes, investment treaty claims, competition and anti-trust cases and those arising out of corporate transactions.
These experts offer the prospect of working with them to become an expert yourself, and to specialise in a particular niche area of Forensic Accounting. This could involve giving evidence in court or before an international arbitration tribunal, or preparing and offering expert evidence in the quantification of damages relating to business valuation cases or relating to financial issues relating to liability and causation. It could also include specialist work relating to loss assessments in the context of negotiation and mediation, or for work assisting clients on ongoing matters by acting as shadow experts.
This is a very exciting opportunity with a leading Forensic Accounting specialist and further details will be discussed with suitable forensic accountant candidates upon receipt of their updated CV in Word format via the Maxim website job vacancy.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Market Leading Salary
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend