Freelance Associate Director DelayRef MAX8985 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location TELECOMMUTE Salary Negotiable Day Rate Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 27/08/2020 Status Live: Interviewing now
A reputable boutique consultancy offering dispute resolution and avoidance services is seeking a Delay Analyst with prior experience of working as the Lead Assistant to an Expert for upcoming assignments.
The successful candidate will need to have had at least 3-4 years of experience specifically supporting an expert on arbitration and litigation cases, and have operated as the lead assistant to the expert on numerous occasions.
You will join a small team of highly reputable construction disputes professionals who have testified as experts. You will need to be prepared to work in a supporting role, but also have the ability to take the lead on assignments when necessary.
The nature of this role means that you may be required to work on dispute resolution and avoidance assignments across the full breath of the construction and engineering sectors of the industry. Such disputes can be UK based or international. It is expected that all or almost all work can be undertaken remotely or as a telecommute.
If you live in or near London or the South East of England, this may be helpful, however this Senior Delay Analyst role can be carried out by candidates who are remote working from other parts of the UK.
The willingness to consider travel to London for specific meetings or to testify, or support testifying, arbitration and legal proceedings in London would be advantageous but would be rare and in execptional circumstances, and all travel, accommodation and subsistence costs would be paid.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Providing expert disputes related advice to clients
- Managing assignments
- Drafting/writing expert reports
- Using a variety of method to carry out delay analysis
- Using Planning common planning software’s to forensically analyse and present data
- Providing support to the Directors of the business
Desired Skills and Experience
- Significant exposure and understanding of the arbitration process is essential
- Performing in the role as the lead assistant to an expert on delay related issues is essential
- The ability to manage clients and work autonomously on assignments
- Experience of using common planning software’s such as Primavera P6 and Asta Powerproject
- Demonstrable experience of using a range of delay analysis techniques
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong client racing skills
- Chartered with a relevant professional body
- Further education in a subject specific to construction law is desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are a highly reputable boutique firm providing dispute avoidance and resolution services to the UK and International construction industry. The business was set up by several respected experts who are able to attract major domestic and international disputes and offer regular, interesting work to their employees.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Negotiable day rate
- Associate Director Delay Analysis Central London - Negotiable + Bonus
- Associate Director Delay Analysis Manchester, Gtr Manchester - Negotiable + Bonus
- Senior Delay Analyst Central London - £55k - £75k + Bonus + Benefits
- Construction Delay Analyst Expert London - to £120k + bonus + Incentive
- Construction Delay Analyst Expert London - £150k + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend