General Manager - ConstructionRef MAX8795 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Australia and NZ Location Sydney, Australia Salary AUD$250K - 300K / yr Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 03/07/2020 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
Our client, a leading international rail client is seeking an experienced and energetic General Manager to manage core railway systems construction and related activities for the project from initial site inspection to final completion based in the beautiful city of Sydney, Australia.
You will be based in our HQ in CBD Sydney and over see a number of project sites and work fronts.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Delivery Director, you will be responsible :
- To coordinate all discipline specific engineering activities for the contracted works.
- For the production and maintenance of an overall schedule of works for the contracted entire scope.
- For all elements of constructions works on the operations control centre expansion and the core railway systems.
- To review designs for the purposes of constructability, ensuring any value engineering or configuration management issues are identified.
- To ensure that employer’s scope of works are delivered in accordance with the overall program plans, designs, specifications, quality and budget objectives.
- To ensure safe construction processes are implemented across the project, minimizing impacts to stakeholders and the environment.
- For Railway Systems disciplines to ensure seamless technical and programme interfaces and the timely incorporation of all system requirements into the interfacing civil, architectural and building services works as well as ensuring consistency in construction contract administration.
- To ensure that available resources are applied to the project works in the most efficient and cost-effective manner; may include the sharing of resources with other parties and the transfer of scope to the party who is best placed to deliver it.
- To ensure that rigorous readiness reviews are held for all works to mitigate risk, apply contingencies where necessary, and assure the delivery of the planned works.
- To ensure that reliability of existing rail network assets are not compromised, that all services are protected during construction, adhering to legislation and all approval processes.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 15-20 years’ experience in management of rail and / or heavy civil infrastructure projects from client side or contractor side
- Extensive practical experience in strategic planning, resourcing, design, constructability, interface coordination, stakeholder management
- Ability to communicate effectively in English essential.
- Strong leadership, excellent interpersonal, communication skills
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Possession of Corporate Membership of a relevant professional institution
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A major global rail client is currently looking to bolster its project team in Sydney with a dynamic and experienced General Manager – Construction.
Our client’s strives to provide:
- Excellent Service: we anticipate, listen and respond to customer needs and provide a safe, effective and caring service.
- Mutual Respect: we work internally and externally in a collaborative environment based on trust, joint commitment and respect.
- Value Creation: We create profit and community goodwill through growth, effective execution, continuous improvement and innovation.
- Enterprising Spirit: We question the status quo, proactively seek improvement and take ownership to overcome obstacles.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
An attractive all-inclusive salary package and usual benefits will be available for the successful candidate
- Rail Construction Manager Ontario, Canada - Negotiable
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend