Graduate Quantity Surveyor
A national contractor with a turnover of circa £400m and growing, requires an Graduate Quantity Surveyor to work on projects in Buckinghamshire and surrounding counties. The hiring company can provide an excellent career path for junior level Quantity Surveyors by providing a high level of on the job training, support in achieving full RICS membership and a diverse range of projects to gain exposure on.
The hiring company is capable of delivering projects in both the built environment and civils & infrastructure sectors.
This specific role is to work for the Building division of the business and typical projects will include large distribution centres, warehouses, schools / universities and commercial buildings. Typical project values will range from £5m - £15m, however the company regularly completes larger projects also.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Graduate Quantity Surveyor, you will work closely with the Project QS in the day to day commercial activities on site.
These will include:
- Taking Measurements
- Learning company policies, systems and procedures
- Assisting with sub-contractor procurement
- Sub-contractor management
- Stand in for Senior QS during meeting where required
- Assist in gathering data and the writing of progress reports
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have a good understanding of the Quantity Surveying function and its purpose as a minimum
- Candidates must have a positive, 'can do' attitude and a strong work ethic
- Confidence and the ability to communicate effectively is a key element of the role and candidates should posses adequate skills in both
- Candidates must hold a fully completed degree qualification or similar equivalent.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a national contractor with sites spanning the length and breadth of the UK. They had a turnover of £400m in 2015 and this is expected to grow significantly in 2016. The work on a wide variety of projects in the built environment and civils & infrastructure sectors.
With the training procedures they have set in place, they would make an excellent first or second employer for ambitious, junior level Quantity Surveyors seeking great support from management, exciting large scale projects and assistance in completing their APC diary to become a Chartered QS.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£18k - £26k (DOE) + Medical Insurance + Pension + Other Benefits