Graduate Quantity Surveyor
A recently qualified Graduate Quantity Surveyor with drive and ambition is required to work for a leading main contractor specialising in the refurbishment and fit-out sectors.
The hiring company work predominantly as a main contractor on refurbishment and fit out projects within Central London. The majority of this work is in the commercial sector although the company is not limited to projects in this sector. They also carry out work within the residential, educational and leisure sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work as part of a large commercial team within the business and provide general commercial support to senior members of staff. As well as Quantity Surveying, the company will actively try to get you involved in the design process of projects and programming as well as other aspects of the building process that Quantity Surveyors may not typical gain experience on. Gaining a full understanding of the full construction process will be invaluable to your development and understanding of the role and will be a great start to your career.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will have ideally had a year's placement in industry as a Quantity Surveyor whilst studying or been in a Quantity Surveying role post qualification for a reputable contractor.
- Candidates should have a firm grasp of the basic responsibilities of a Quantity Surveyor and ideally be able to show some exposure to performing such tasks either independently or with supervision.
- Candidates should be ambitious and driven with a desire to learn and work hard to succeed for themselves and the company
- Excellent communications skills
- A degree or similar qualification in Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company was established over 10 years ago by several well experienced Directors who had previously worked for leading contractors in this sector. Today they have a turnover exceeding £100m, over 130 staff and a 3,000 sq ft office in Central London. They work with a variety of blue chip clients, carrying out exciting projects and pride themselves on their ability to reward hardworking and ambitious staff with the support they need to reach their potential as a construction professional.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£25k - £30k + Benefits