Graduate Quantity Surveyor
A specialist retail fit-out contractor is looking for a Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join their growing commercial team. The company are based in Leicester but carry out work nationally across the UK. Therefore the successful candidate will need to be prepared to travel on a regular basis to projects around the UK.
Please note, work in the retail fit - out sector is often very fast paced due to tight deadlines by clients wanting to get retail units open for business.
The hiring company specialise in retail fit-out projects and have a large list of prestigious clients with a particular bias towards fashion retailers. The company have strong relationships with a number of the UK's leading fashion brands and retailers and do a significant amount of repeat business in fitting out their retail stores across the country.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will join a small commercial department often overlooking many projects at any one time and provide general commercial support to the senior commercial team. You will learn from experienced Surveyors and receive support from on-site and office based staff.
Due to the nature and location of the projects, candidates applying for this role must be willing to travel as appropriate to sites around the country from time to time.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have some post qualification experience of working in a graduate / assistant Quantity Surveying role for a contractor or sub-contractor
- Candidates with some experience specific to retail fit-out would be advantageous, however this is not essential. All project experiences will be considered.
- Candidates will be confident and highly literate & numerate
- Excellent general IT skills
- Candidates will ideally be BSc qualified, however candidates qualified to HNC / HND standard can also be considered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a specialist fit-out contractor based in Leicester in the Midlands. They have a strong reputation in this niche sector of construction and due to their experience and capabilities they have grown an established client base and a benefit from a large volume of repeat business with their clients.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£22.5k - £27.5k + Business Mileage + other benefits