Graduate Quantity Surveyor
A new exciting Graduate Quantity Surveyor job opportunity to work on residential projects in Northamptonshire and all throughout the Country. The hiring company is Construction Project Management Consultancy with head office located in Northampton.
Graduate Quantity Surveyor is needed to join a Construction Project Management Consultancy based in Northampton. Successful candidate will be working in a team alongside Project Manager and Employers Agent covering large residential projects.
Typical projects include retirement homes, student accommodation, care villages and care homes ranging £8-10m in value.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working within a team to manage the commercial performance of projects in terms of maximising revenues and minimising costs in order to deliver schemes on or ahead of budget.
- Producing pricing documents (Bills of Quantities/Schedules of works etc.) to ascertain quotes for tender submissions and negotiated works.
- Liaising with suppliers & sub-contractors to ensure they are pricing and undertaking the works correctly
- Supporting Quantity Surveying team in general administration of contracts.
- Attending pre-contract meetings, site meetings, handover meetings etc.
- Providing support to & liaising with other members of the team to successfully deliver projects
- Contributing to the achievement of Health and Safety in accordance with company policy
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Graduate Quantity Surveyor
- Previous experience working on residential projects, such as care homes is of particular interest.
- Excellent planning and time management skills to have an organised and methodical approach to work.
- Capable of working under your own initiative and as part of the group.
- You will have great attention detail and commitment to quality.
- A great work ethic and enthusiasm towards developing your career.
- IT skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a well-established Construction Project Management Consultancy based in Northampton, providing high quality construction project management services. They deliver projects within multi space sectors, including care homes, retirement houses, student and rented accommodation. With growing portfolio of work, they are looking to expand their company with talented individuals and reward hard working staff.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Basic Salary 25-32k Negotiable (DOE)
- Car Allowance