Graduate Recruitment Consultant
Maxim Recruitment has its head office in Clarendon Park, Leicester. We are looking to employ additional Graduate Recruitment Consultants to work with the recruitment team on both new and existing professional/technical divisions covering both the UK and the international construction recruitment sector.
You will be based from the Leicester office during your training and probation period (Covid restrictions permitting of course) and thereafter flexible working arrangements can be agreed upon to allow you to work both from the office and remotely at times. It's all about successful outcomes!
This opportunity is open to candidates new to recruitment or with previous recruitment experience as we provide all the fast track training you will need!
This is an ideal opportunity for those who are keen to work alongside and learn from our recruitment professionals, that have many years of success recruiting in the construction industry.
The position will suit Graduate applicants who have confidence, ambition and a collaborative attitude. This Graduate Recruitment Consultant job offers a market-leading bonus scheme, which recognises hard work and rewards recruitment consultants who achieve worthy results.
The office and company culture at Maxim Recruitment is one of collaboration, learning and shared success. Those already working as a Recruitment Consultant or in a sales or HR-related role but feel over-managed by petty KPIs at corporate recruitment companies are welcome to get in touch to experience first-hand how a role in a recruitment company should be – educational, progressive, team-spirited and financially very rewarding!
We have Graduate Recruitment Consultant jobs available working on a number of different desks recruiting construction professionals in the Midlands, London, Hong Kong, Canada and around the world.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a recruiter, you will work in a small, supportive team alongside experienced recruitment consultants. Using your proactive capabilities and attributes and the skills and experience of the team, you will:
- Source, interview and manage candidates through the recruitment process
- Manage multiple candidate searches for priority client job vacancies concurrently
- Interview and shortlist candidates against urgent live client jobs
- Recommend candidates for submittal to clients and brief and debrief candidates accordingly
- Identify and develop business leads from candidates interviewed to grow the client base
- Provide an exceptional, professional service when liaising with candidate job seekers and employer clients
- Write up, publish and market detailed construction job vacancies
- Develop a network of contacts within a number of specialist niche areas of the construction sector
- Read relevant trade press regularly and share industry knowledge with colleagues
- Be accountable for upkeep of data related to your clients and candidates using the market leading Maxim Recruitment online candidate database
- Attend networking events with colleagues
- Potential for international travel on business based on area of specialism developed
Desired Skills and Experience
- We welcome job applications from new graduates for this Graduate Recruitment Consultant role
- Previous experience in recruitment or the construction industry is desirable but not essential
- Successful candidates who have worked in other sales-related roles will be given the necessary training to become established and successful recruitment consultants
- Recruitment consultants who have worked in other recruitment sectors will be given the necessary training to become successful in the construction sector.
The most important thing at Maxim Recruitment is that you are a team player. You must show a committed, hardworking & professional approach. You must be dedicated to learn on the job and be enthusiastic about your career progression.
New graduates, those with some work experience and those with previous recruitment experience are invited to get in touch for a confidential chat.
Suitable applicants are most likely to be degree qualified and be able to evidence solid IT skills.
Strong analytical skills must also be evidenced and you should be able to learn key tasks and information quickly.
You should feel confident in your ability to develop and demonstrate strong sales and marketing behaviours.
You will need to be able to write job descriptions and reports on candidates suitability eloquently and lucidly with a minimum of grammar, spelling or typing miskates (!)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
At Maxim Recruitment we undertake executive search and recruitment assignments for managerial level construction and property professionals into many of the very best permanent construction job roles in the industry.
We find jobs for UK and international construction professionals in the UK and recruit international candidates for clients worldwide.
We have offices in Leicester in the UK, and in Hong Kong, and we also have a growing presence in Toronto, Canada.
Maxim Recruitment is proud to be on the Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for many of the biggest names in the national & international construction and property industry in the UK, Hong Kong/Asia, North America and the Middle East.
We also recruit extensively and exclusively for 'under the radar' niche expert construction companies and consultancies that you have never heard of that reward our efforts handsomely.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary based on experience and capability
- Bonus system based on level of involvement in and contribution to monthly and quarterly revenue generated
- Mentorship and full ongoing training/probation programme with a performance review after 3 months
- Conferencing, networking events and online training
- Encouragement to utilise, develop and strengthen your own skills within a collaborative working environment
- 5 day working week
- Working Hours 8.30 – 5.30pm (UK office)
- Generous Leave + Public Holidays
- Potential to work from home / remotely after probation period has been successfully completed