Graduate / Trainee Quantity Surveyor
A recent graduate in Quantity Surveying is required to take up the role of Graduate / Trainee Quantity Surveyor with an established multi disciplined contractor based in North West London. The successful candidate will work for a leading contractor who work across numerous sectors of the construction industry and have the opportunity to learn a range of skills across a range of exciting projects, particularly in the civil engineering and fit out sectors.
The hiring company perform work on a range of projects mainly in the London region. These include:
- Ground works and general civil engineering
- Multi level basements
- High rise reinforced concrete frames
- Retail Fit Out
- Major Demolitions
- Land Remediation and ground treatment
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will provide general day to day commercial and contractual assistance to the senior members of staff. You will be given strong support to learn the Quantity Surveying role and common company & industry systems and procedures whilst gaining exposure to a range of projects.
Typical duties will include:
- Taking Measurements
- Learning company policies, systems and procedures
- Assisting with sub-contractor procurement
- Sub-contractor management
- Stand in for Senior QS during meeting where required
- Assist in gathering data and the writing of progress reports
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have a firm grasp of the basic responsibilities of a Quantity Surveyor and ideally be able to show some exposure to performing such tasks either independently or with supervision.
- Candidates must be confident, enthusiastic about learning and show a great attitude to work
- Must have excellent personable skills and be able to form relationships with internal and external personnel quickly
- Highly numerate and literate with particularly strong written English skills
- Some previous experience in a Quantity Surveying role would be an advantage, however this is not essential for recent graduates
- Candidates should hold a degree qualification or similar equivalent
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is an established London based Main Contractor capable of carrying out a range of works with blue chip clients around the London region. They specialise particularly in multi level demolitions, basements, high rise reinforced concrete frames & groundwork's as well as Retail Fit Out projects. The company has a turnover in excess of £75m.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£23k - £30k + Benefits