Head of Engineering
Exciting long term opportunity for a Head of Engineering looking for a job in Hong Kong. Our client, one of the major Hong Kong contractors, is busy bidding, winning and delivering major infrastructure projects and looking to appoint an experienced Head of Engineering to join the team.
The Head of Engineering is a key position in the contractor’s Senior Management team for the Hong Kong business and responsible for the overall design, engineering and risk matters in both tender and live projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Guidance in the selection of design consultants for both tenders and projects.
- Support and guidance to the project based Engineering managers
- Development and implementation of engineering systems and process to help manage design, temporary works and risk on live projects.
- Ensure business compliance with statutory requirements including Buildings Department
- Ensuring effective implementation of BIM on live projects
- Leading Innovation and digitalization including initiatives in MiC and DfMA. Requirements
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 15 years experience in engineering management of construction projects
- Degree qualified engineer with professional accreditation of HKIE or equivalent
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a major Hong Kong civil infrastructure contractor with offices across Asia. They’ve completed numerous civil engineering and building construction projects regionally.