Intermediate Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8948 Consultant Steve Thomas Region South East England Location Bedfordshire Salary to £60,000 + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 16/06/2020 Status Live
A Quantity Surveyor / Intermediate Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a UK based leading sub-contractor carrying out exciting projects throughout Europe.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Quantity Surveyor who is interested to travel across Europe and gain some international experience by working on exciting projects overseas. Scandinavia has proved a popular location for data centres in part because the cold air and sea enable cheaper and more efficient cooling, and visits to projects there and in Germany will be required.
You will work as the 2nd in command on projects, reporting to the company Commercial Manager.
The employer is a reputable British sub-contractor specialising in building envelope, fit-out and flooring based in Bedfordshire, but mostly working internationally.
This exciting data centre fit out contractor carries out a high value sub-contractor role on major projects, delivering fit-out, building envelope, roofing and specialist flooring subcontract packages in a fast paced high value construction environment.
Currently this exclusive high value specialist subcontractor is working on huge data centre projects throughout Europe for leading international maincontractors.
Projects typically last between 8 – 12 months at a time and are of £12m to £50m in value each.
While you will be based from head office in Bedfordshire, UK current projects that will require site visits include Denmark, Germany and Finland and visits are typically for around 2 weeks at a time.
Responsibilities and Duties
The appointed new Quantity Surveyor will report to the company Commercial Manager on the project and perform post contract duties such as:
- Sub contractor management
- Managing payments
- Financial reporting
- Attending site meetings
- Dealing with contractual documents
All Quantity Surveyor duties will relate to representing your data centre specialist contractor's contractual and commercial position in the strongest way and to allow payment to be received quickly for works completed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Suitable Intermediate level Quantity Surveyor candidates must have previous experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor for a main contractor or sub-contractor
- It is preferred that candidates will have experience of working on new build, refurbishment or fit-out projects.
- Specialist sub-contractor work such as cladding building envelope, roofing, flooring etc would be highly desirable relevant experience.
- Candidates should have experience of carrying out a wide range of post contract duties
Candidates should be familiar with being site based in their previous role/s and have:
- Measurement experience
- Sub contractor management experience
- Experience of managing payments
- Valuation experience
- Financial reporting experience
- Experience of site meetings
- Experience of dealing with contractual documents
- Strong procurement experience
- A BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying or HND (or similar equivalent) in Quantity Surveying is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This Quantity Surveying job vacancy is with a reputable specialist British data centre sub-contractor that is carrying out major data centre construction and fit out work on projects throughout Europe.
They specialise in flooring, fit-out and building envelope work on large, complex and exciting data centre projects.
They are currently very busy with high value projects in Europe and are searching for an enthusiastic Quantity Surveyor to join the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary
- Overseas accommodation costs paid for by the employer
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend