Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
I am urgently seeking an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor with building project consultancy experience to join a growing national construction consultancy in their central Birmingham office. You will be a Quantity Surveyor who works fairly closely but autonomously with the Associate in the office, gaining exposure on projects up to £30m in the building sector. You will manage your own projects should you show the capability.
Projects are in the new build and refurbishment sector, currently up to £30m in value, and include retail, residential including larger accommodations, care villages, entertainment (cinemas), stadia, tram centres, and other types of building projects. The projects aren’t limited to any type in the building sector.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your main purpose will initially be to take work from the Associate Quantity Surveyor in the office, and have enough experience (but essentially the drive) to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
Key Quantity Surveying duties will include:
- Working on projects from feasibility stage through to completion as Quantity Surveyor
- Taking the lead on some projects you are involved in, being fully responsible for the cost management process on these projects
- Preparation of tender reports
- Analysis and evaluation of tender reports
- Handling post tender qualification documents and procedures
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Preparation of cost plans
- Preparation of recommendations for award for contractor packages
- Attending meetings with clients with a Director / Senior member of staff, or on your own if you are taking the commercial lead on a project
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor for a consultancy, preferably in the building sector
- Degree qualified or equivalent is preferred
- Chartership is not essential as the Partners of the business are RICS assessors, and good quality training will be given
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a multidisciplinary national construction consultancy that was founded over 60 years ago, and has a wealth of experience in each of its 7 regional offices in the UK. They are also associated with various international offices on various continents.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company pay a market leading salary and package.