Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
An intermediate Quantity Surveyor is required to join a leading multidisciplinary national construction consultancy in their Birmingham office. You will be commercially responsible for projects up to £2m in the sports facilities sector, as part of a £250m sports facilities framework over a number of years.
You will be a Quantity Surveyor responsible for projects up to £2m in the sports facilities sector. Specifically these projects consist of football / rugby pitches, pavilions, club houses and other sports facility projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be working in a structured team led by an Associate Quantity Surveyor, but commercially managing your own projects in this space.
Key duties will include (not limited to):
- Working on projects from feasibility stage through to completion as Quantity Surveyor
- Taking the lead on projects, being fully responsible for the cost management process on these projects
- Preparation of tender reports
- Handling post tender qualification documents and procedures
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Preparation of cost plans
- Preparation of recommendations for award for contractor packages
- Attending meetings with clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as an Assistant / Intermediate Quantity Surveyor is essential, preferably on building sector projects for a consultancy organisation
- Degree qualified is strongly desired
- On course or willingness to complete APC to gain Membership to the RICS
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a leading national construction consultancy operating five offices nationwide, as well as one international office. The provide cost management, project management, health & safety, risk management and building surveying consultancy services from their offices. They offer unrivalled training and exposure on exciting projects nationwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a market leading salary and package.