Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
An Intermediate Quantity Surveyor who has recently passed their APC or about to take their APC to attain MRICS status, is being sought to join a national construction consultancy in Bury St. Edmonds, Suffolk. This will suit a Quantity Surveyor within a reasonable commute of Bury who is motivated to join a leader in UK construction Cost and Project Management.
Projects types vary across the built environment, including new build, refurbishment, fit-out, and mechanical and electrical projects. Project values vary and in some cases are in the tens of millions (£).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation of tender reports
- Analysis, evaluation/assessment of tender reports
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Review the Preparation of cost plans
- Handling post tender qualification documents & procedures
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Attending meetings with clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- Shown experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the building sector favourable
- Cost Planning Experience
- Pre-Contract experience
- Self-Motivated and proactive attitude
- Good organization skills, ability to multi-task, and be a team player
- Experience with computer based estimating software is desirable
- Main Contractor background is considered for those with Pre-Contract experience
- Degree qualified or equivalent is desired - Just passed or about to take APC to become MRICS status
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a national construction consultancy with 10 regional offices in the UK. They employ multi-disciplinary staff and provide a market leading Cost and Project Management service to clients in various sectors.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company pay a very competitive benefits package.