Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
An Assistant to intermediate level Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a UK based leading sub-contractor carrying out exciting projects throughout Europe. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic assistant or intermediate level Quantity Surveyor who wants to start / gain some international experience by working on exciting projects overseas. You will work as the 2nd in command on projects whilst reporting to the Commercial Manager. You will work on an enviable rotation basis that will allow you to return to the UK frequently. The employer is a reputable British sub-contractor specialising in building envelope, fit-out and flooring. They based in Bedfordshire, however their projects are International.
The hiring company carry out a sub-contractor role on major projects, providing delivery for fit-out, building envelope and specialist flooring. Currently they are working on huge data centre projects throughout Europe for leading main contractors. Projects typically last between 8 – 12 months at a time. The current project that the successful candidate will join is based in Denmark. However previous projects have been based in countries such as Ireland, Belgium and Holland.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will report to the Commercial Manager on the project and perform post contract duties such as:
- Sub contractor management
- Managing payments
- Financial reporting
- Attending site meetings
- Dealing with contractual documents
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have previous experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor for a main contractor or sub-contractor
- Ideally candidates will have experience of working on projects within the built environment. Whether that be new build, refurbishment or fit-out projects. Specialist sub-contractor work such as cladding building envelope, roofing, flooring etc would also be highly relevant.
- Candidates should have experience of carrying out a wide range of post contract duties
- Candidates should be familiar with being site based in their previous roles
- A Degree or HND (or similar equivalent) in Quantity Surveying is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a reputable, British, sub-contractors carrying out work on projects throughout Europe. They specialise in flooring, fit-out and building envelope work on larger, exciting projects. They’re currently undertaking considerable work overseas in Europe and are searching for an enthusiastic Quantity Surveyor to join the business and work Internationally for a division of the business that is experiencing rapid growth.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary will be negotiable based on the candidates experience
Estimated salary would be between £30k – 50k (Salary paid in GBP)
+ Accommodation costs paid for by the employer
+ Flights back to the UK on leave cycle
+ Rotation periods are potentially negotiable, however typically the Denmark project is working a 10 days on / 4 days off rotations (flights back to the UK every cycle)