Intermediate Quantity SurveyorRef MAX9179 Consultant Daria Tkach Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Leicester Salary Negotiable Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 12/07/2021 Status Live: Interviewing now
An exciting Intermediate Quantity Surveyor job role to join a dynamic office based in Leicester to work on projects covering a range of sectors. including student accommodation, care villages, infrastructure projects as well as housing and residential construction sectors.
These projects will typically range from £10 million to £60 million in value.
An Intermediate Quantity Surveyor is needed to perform pre and post contract duties on a number of ongoing projects. Project work comprises different residential, infrastructure, and commercial projects based in Leicester, Leicestershire, the Midlands, and across England.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Undertake and manage a range of pre and post contract quantity surveying duties such as cost estimating, BOQ production, feasibility studies, tender documentation and contract documentation production, valuation work, cost reporting and final account work.
- To work independently and take responsibility for the successful delivery of Quantity Surveying services on all live projects.
- To take responsibility for allocated client accounts and to build relationships with them to ensure satisfaction with the service provided and to identify areas in which the client account can grow.
- Take the lead on a range of construction projects and to supervise the work
- Ensure all clients receive an excellent level of service.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Intermediate Quantity Surveyors must have 5 years post graduate experience in one of the construction industry sectors listed above.
- Additional years of experience are also very welcome to be considered for a Senior Quantity Surveyor role.
- Previous experience carrying out pre and post contract quantity surveying / QS duties is desirable
- Must have local experience in the Leicester or Leicestershire region to have the desired client and subcontractor network & contacts
- Excellent communication skills & good presentation and client skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- A great work ethic and enthusiasm towards developing your career
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a successful quantity surveying, property, and civil engineering infrastructure consultancy, that provides professional services to the property and construction industry.
With 200 professional and administrative staff worldwide, they maintain an open work environment that promotes a collective responsibility to consistently deliver professional products and services. This client employer encourages and supports training and professional qualifications and rewards employee endeavour and innovation.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Negotiable Salary based on experience
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend