Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
An Intermediate level Quantity Surveyor is required to join a top 20 construction consultancy in their central Leicester office, to work on a variety of building sector projects. This is a fantastic opportunity for a pre APC Quantity Surveyor to join a market leading construction consultancy as a Quantity Surveyor, with unrivalled scope to progress within a growing office.
As the Intermediate Quantity Surveyor you will be given the opportunity to work on a variety of building sector projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Carrying out estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Assisting the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Helping to ensure that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Taking a key role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Other duties that support the team and the office success
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in the built environment as an Assistant / Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
- Experience working for a Consultancy is preferred
- Degree in a construction discipline is preferred, ideally Quantity Surveying
- Ideally on route to completing APC. The company provide a fantastic support programme for the APC and can support anyone wishing to become MRICS
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a top 20 consultancy in the UK with multiple offices working throughout multiple sectors of construction. They are a multi-disciplinary practice with offices both in the UK and overseas.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary plus a car allowance, pension contribution, private health and other benefits.