Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
Summary of Intermediate Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - Southampton
A Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a top 10 main contractor's regional office in the Hampshire. The successful candidate will be site based in Southampton and the immediate surrounding area performing pre and post contract duties on regional building projects such as schools, hospitals, commercial buildings and universities.
The role would likely suit exceptional candidates working for smaller contractors in the region that want to gain exposure to larger, more valuable projects with a blue chip employer.
The successful candidate will join the companies regional building division and will offer commercial assistance on projects such as schools, hospitals, commercial buildings and universities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To ensure the full and proper implementation of the Company’s Procedures;
- To generate/maintain relevant records, accurate filing and support for all commercial functions;
- To ensure the prompt and regular submission of main contract payment applications and subsequent cash collection together with the preparation of sub-contractor payments;
- To prepare draft sub-contracts to the level of responsibility delegated by the individual’s supervisor;
- To monitor sub-contractor performance in consultation with senior staff;
- To participate in pricing variations/design cost control/value engineering;
- To participate in the recording of delays & preparation of any request for extensions of time;
- To participate in the settlement of main contract final accounts;
- To attend meetings with other stakeholders (if so delegated to do);
- To assist senior staff in the compilation of data to monitor individual contract performance on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- Supervision of work allocated to Trainee QS or Graduate QS staff;
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working for a reputable national or regional main contractor is desired
- Previous experience of working at an intermediate level on projects in excess of £5m is preferred, however candidates who can demonstrate a firm understanding of the QS function on projects slightly less than this will be considered
- Candidates with exposure to pre and post contract duties as a Quantity Surveyor in their previous role(s) are desired
- Candidates who have successfully completed a degree (or similar equivalent qualification) are desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a top 10 national main contractor with regional offices throughout the UK. They are a multi-disciplined main contractor capable of delivering a range of projects across the construction, civil engineering and building services sectors. The company also have a strong International presence offering excellent career prospects for candidates who would like to explore an International career in the future.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Circa £33k - £38k (Depending on experience)
- Car / Car Allowance
- Private Medical
- Pension Scheme