Intermediate Quantity SurveyorRef MAX7410 Job Posted 23/03/2017 Region London Location West Ealing, London Salary £35k - £45k + Car + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Quantity Surveyor is required by a national contractor to act as the number 2 in charge of a £13m school development in West Ealing, London. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor who has either managed smaller projects or acted as a Package / Assistant QS previously but wants to take a step up in responsibility on their next project.
The project is a £13m school project based in West Ealing, London. The company are performing particularly well and have continued work for circa 8 years offering fantastic job security.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work as the number 2 in charge of a £13m school development based in West Ealing, London. This will be a post contract role on this project, working closely with the Commercial Manager. You typical duties will include (assisting with or performing individually):
- Management of sub-contractors
- Dealing with variations
- Cost / value reporting
- Standing in for the Commercial Manager in meetings where required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates from a building construction or house building background would are desired
- Candidates should have a strong understanding and experience of performing post contract duties on projects in the built environment
- Candidates must have strong planning an organisational skills as well as numeracy and English
- Previous experience on educational projects or residential projects would be an advantage, but not essential
The ideal candidate will have a degree or similar equivalent qualification in Quantity Surveying and some post qualification experience as Quantity Surveyor
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is an established main contractor experiencing significant growth. They are a multi talented organisation capable of performing within construction, development and maintenance as a group. They operate across all sectors within the built environment and have a very strong order book for several years.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£35k - £45k + Car + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend