Lead Contract Administrator
Summary of Lead Contract Administrator Job Vacancy - London
A lead contract administrator with previous experience of construction contract law is required to support the Commercial Manager on major civil engineering projects, in relation to the development and implementation of a Contract Management Program for the projects, consistent with Contracts Management Policies and Work Processes, Procedures and Systems. You will also stand in for the Commercial Lead when required and perform duties allocated to ensure successful commercial management of the project goals and objectives.
The projects will be in relation to major civil engineering and/or rail projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
Support the Commercial Manager in relation to the following:
- Highlight areas of risk; such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work; As work proceeds make recommendations on the mitigation of these risks; monitor performance and supporting remedial actions.
- Analyse all contract documentation and produce a Contractor and Project Team deliverables schedule. Monitor performance against this schedule and recommend corrective actions.
- Developing and managing appropriate mechanisms to monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Working with the other Project Team members to check that actions or inactions which could result in constructive contract changes are identified and suggest possible ways of resolving the situation.
- Developing and managing a procedure to recognize and identify contract disputes as they develop and manage the timely resolution under the changes provisions wherever possible.
- Within the Project Business Team provide analysed contract performance, cost and schedule data.
- Checking that the Project adheres to contract insurance provisions and that any requirements in this regard are implemented.
- Ensure all second tier procurement is undertaken in accordance with all policies and procedures.
- Ensure all contemporaneous records are kept and correspondence, instructions, and communications are crafted in accordance with the contract terms and issued within the prescribed time limitations
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience and some formal training in pricing, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling, and cost control
- Thorough knowledge of contract administration as appropriate to a multi-discipline major UK construction project.
- Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices, experience of dealing with large works packages.
- Degree in Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering, Construction Management or Cost Engineering is desired, or equivalent experience.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a leader in engineering, consulting, design, programme management in construction. They work on pioneering projects of a large and complex nature, on a global scale. They are the forefront of promoting career development, and are renowned for having a good work life balance whilst maintaining the highest levels of professionalism.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package including healthcare, a pension scheme, and travel allowance.