Lead EstimatorRef MAX8512 Job Posted 07/06/2018 Region Canada Location Toronto, Canada Salary $120k - $150k + package Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A Lead Estimator is required in Toronto to be part of a team working on major infrastructure and rail projects across the region. You will report in the Cost Management lead and support all aspects of project estimation.
You will be a senior level Estimator on major projects in the infrastructure and rail sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Taking a lead role in estimating interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
• Review and validate cost estimates prepared by contractors and technical disciplines within the Client organization.
• Coordinate costing of complex projects include taking ownership of and presenting the final estimate.
• Managing and preparing the development of Level 1 & 2 cost estimates for various scopes associated with civil and rail projects
• Manage package level reporting for estimates
• Be adept at managing estimating expectations requested by a large team of project managers
• Provide appropriate technical input to challenge/test designs, methodologies proposed for projects
• Provide support to the post contract change management assessment process
• Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
• Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve estimating procedures, templates and products and hence improve the service provided to clients
• Assisting in research related to construction market conditions throughout Canada, including analysis of official published data as it pertains to commission requirements
• Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is inputted into internal databases and shared.
• Quality Control – Ensuring compliance with quality standards and participation in ISO audits
• Staff management – Inputting into the formal management of the estimating team, to include 1st round recruitment interviews, input into resource management
Desired Skills and Experience
• Experienced at leading and delivering estimating functions within large infrastructure and rail projects
• A well-developed understanding of civil and rail infrastructure projects
• A thorough understanding of the characteristics of costs on projects over a project life cycle
• Experience of working within the consultancy sector
• Experience of working in the Canadian construction market
• Well-developed analytical, oral and written communication skills
• Experienced user of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Detailed working knowledge of proprietary cost management system, concepts, tools and techniques and a working knowledge of accountancy systems such as SAP, Oracle, CostX, Unifier and industry estimating software
• A recognized relevant university degree
• Memberships in relevant professional organizations are preferred but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a global consultancy in the construction and infrastructure sectors, operating across numerous continents on landmark projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive salary and package.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend