Loan Monitoring Surveyor
A new exciting Loan Monitoring Surveyor job role to undertake ongoing monitoring of construction projects, such as new build residential houses to ensure that they are on time and budget covering South / South East patch. Loan Monitoring Surveyor will also be responsible for 2 junior team members.
Excellent career progression opportunities and great benefits package on offer for the successful Project Monitor Surveyor candidate.
Fund Monitoring Surveyor candidates are required to be Chartered with RICS.
The Surveyor will be assisting with the appraisal of new residential development projects, covering South / South East patch. He will also be responsible for a team of 2 graduate Surveyors. The role is split into underwriting and due diligence.
Successful Surveyor candidate will based at the head office in Fareham, additionally with regular UK travel to sites required.
The primary role of the Loan Monitoring Surveyor will be to focus on the building projects and the key financial monitoring and reporting processes to ensure smooth and profitable financial closure.
Due to company continued success and growth, career development opportunities are on offer for the right Surveyor candidate, as well as funded further education.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some of the key responsibilities and duties of this Surveyor role will include:
- Assist with the appraisal of new residential development projects in terms of build cost, build assembly and build programme.
- Visit current projects to monitor them - ensure cost budgets are being adhered to.
- Understand and articulate risks in the construction programme/budget and assess the developer's capability and readiness to deliver the project.
- Reporting to management on the status of live sites, drawdown requests and changes in build programme and cost to complete
- Supporting and managing at least two graduate surveyors including assisting with their progression through to chartership
- Review and provide feedback on all site reports (Structural, Environmental, Asbestos)
- Produce initial reports and review the cost complete information provided, liaise with borrower to resolve any issues highlighted
- Select appropriate construction milestones for each facility and track as part of the monthly valuations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of Industry experience as Surveyor required
- Suitable candidates must have a Loan Monitoring, Building Surveying or Quantity Surveying background and be able to demonstrate experience of Loan Monitoring work.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Previous management experience of a small team would be beneficial
- Full UK driving licence
- Regular UK travel to sites will be required
- Full qualification with RICS is mandatory
- Qualification to Degree level in a relevant cost or construction related subject is strongly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Full details of this great Loan Monitoring Surveyor/ Fund Monitor / Project Monitoring Surveyor employer will be available to the shortlisted candidates.
Excellent perks, such as free daily lunch and gym membership.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Negotiable salary based on experience
- up to 10% annual bonus
- Company car and fuel card upon successful completion of probation
- BUPA Healthcare, Life Assurance, Gym & Golf Membership
- 28 Days Holiday