Manager - Delay AnalystRef MAX9013 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region North and Scotland Location Central Manchester Salary £65k - £80k (DOE) Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 06/10/2020 Status Live: Interviewing now
A Delay Analyst is required to work for a specialist construction disputes consultancy based in Manchester.
The hiring business provides quantity surveying, planning and dispute resolution services to the UK construction industry.
The client is seeking a Chartered Delay Analyst, who can join their team of expert staff providing a range of planning, project controls, delay analysis and expert support services to their clients. This will include, live project planning, project control and retrospective delay analysis, alternative dispute resolution and contract administration.
You will be based out of the client’s office in Manchester and given some flexibility for home working, but this role will require occasional travel to sites and client offices nationally.
The client prides itself on working within all sectors of the construction and engineering industry. Therefore, this role can deliver an exciting variation of project exposure on domestic and international projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contract Administration
- Control, manage and report contractual obligations from procurement to final account
- Determine schedules, monitor programmes and understand risks
- Accurate assessments of progress
- Forensic analysis in alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Clear and impartial evidence for tribunals (ADR)
As a senior employee, the role also includes:
- Management of internal and external project teams
- Training, development and performance management of employees, as applicable
- Acting as a role model and mentor to other employees
- Providing support to Senior Management and Manager – Planning & Delay
- An expanded job description can be provided to shortlisted candidates.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful Delay Analyst must have:
- Pre and post contract Planning experience on large-scale, complex projects
- Several years of good quality delay analysis / forensic planning experience, either in a specialist role, or as a large part of a traditional planning role
- A firm understanding of disputes processes. Particularly the adjudication and mediation processes, however some exposure to arbitration and/or litigation processes also, would be beneficial.
- The ability to evaluate, critique and report on programmes created by others
- Have demonstrable skills in understanding and proving entitlement for extensions of times (EOT) claims
- Must have a good working knowledge of Primavera P6 or Asta Powerproject, or both
- Must have exceptional writing experience, and be able to demonstrate previous examples of successfully writing narratives
- Be completely comfortable in a client facing role.
- An ambitious individual looking to buy into the core values of the business and help to drive the business forward with its growth plan
- Membership to a relevant professional body is desired (i.e. CIOB, ICES or CIArb or similar equivalents)
- A Degree or similar equivalent qualification is desired
- Achieved or working towards a Masters or similar higher education qualification in construction law would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a reputable and established consultancy offering a range of planning, quantity surveying, alternative dispute resolution and advisory services to their clients. This can include work in relation to disputes that are heading for adjudication and mediation.
The successful Delay Analyst will work alongside highly reputable experts on an appealing variety of projects and disputes. This role will be a great career move for any aspiring Delay Analysts who wishes to keep their involvement on live project work.
The employer has a strong HR function and places a high emphasis on regular appraisals, career development and internal/external training. They expect candidates to be ambitious and place the same emphasis on their self-development.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£65k - £80k (Depending on experience)
+ Bonus (Circa 4% annually)
+ 22 – 26 days holiday + Bank Holidays
+ Pension (Employer 5% contribution)
- Associate Director Delay Analyst Central London - £80k - £120K (DOE) + Annual Bonus
- Managing Consultant Delay Analyst Central London - £65k - £90k (DOE) + Annual Bonus
- Consultant Delay Analyst Central London - £40k - £60k (DOE) + Annual Bonus
- Senior Planner cum Delay Analyst Macclesfield, Cheshire - £55k - £80k (DOE)
- Associate Director - Delay Analyst Central London - £80k-£110k+benefits DOE
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend