Managing Consultant Delay AnalystRef MAX9005 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary £65k - £90k (DOE) + Annual Bonus Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 28/10/2020 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
The construction disputes division of a global consulting firm is hiring a Managing Consultant to work in a supporting role to the lead testifying expert and carry out delay analysis on global disputes.
You will be based out of their London office and will work closely alongside the Director / Managing Director in providing support with the forensic delay analysis for projects in dispute and heading for arbitration or litigation.
The client is a global consulting firm with a wealth of experts who can bring their expertise to all sectors of the construction and manufacturing industries. Therefore the successful candidate can expect to gain exposure to an exciting variety of disputes on projects in all sectors, including oil & gas, energy, construction, utilities and much more.
The client has a strong pipeline of work in the Middle East region, therefore candidates can expect to gain exposure to international disputes whilst working with this employer.
Whilst disputes may be for international projects, all supporting work can be done from the UK. Therefore no travel is required as part of this role.
Responsibilities and Duties
In carrying out work on engagements, the Managing Consultant will work with, and under the direction of the Managing Director / Director in charge and will have the following main responsibilities:
- ensuring that all data necessary is both available and reliable for the Managing Director / Director to make decisions;
- be a direct contributor to the achievement of the targets and production of work products including data management, data analysis, research, forensic investigation and report writing etc. associated with the engagement;
- contribute to the definition of deliverables, required work plan and methodology as well as assisting in the organisation and management of other project staff;
- communicate regularly with the Managing Director / Director in charge regarding the progress of the analysis and the difficulties encountered etc.;
- develop and maintain a working relationship with the client and/or instructing law firm;
- show an ability and willingness to learn from others and the ability to mentor and develop junior staff members
- contribute to the recruitment and retention of talent;
- contribute to the economic monitoring of the engagements on which they are involved;
- contribute to the feedback mechanism within the organisation for the development of self and other individuals; and
- assist the Managing Director / Director in business development activities such as developing commercial proposals for potential engagements etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Past experience of working on engineering, construction, manufacturing, energy or oil and gas projects for a minimum of 5-7 years, where they were involved in at least two of the following areas;
- Design / engineering;
- Project Management;
- Planning / project controls;
- Quantity surveying / cost control; and
- Contract management / administration.
- Previous experience supporting an expert witness by carrying out forensic delay analysis is desired
- Previous experience of working on construction or engineering disputes in litigation and/or arbitration
- A firm interest in pursuing a career I the discipline of delay analysis. Specifically within an Expert Witness related role.
- An expert working knowledge of using common planning softwares such as Primavera P6 and Asta Powerproject
- A desire to develop academically, technically and professionally;
- An ability to co-operate with, manage and motivate others.
- Possess strong intellectual curiosity and ability to find solutions;
- Must have great attention to detail;
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and in particular an ability to produce work product and presentations written in English.
- An ability to perform in a consulting firm structure within which the hierarchy will be considered secondary to an individual’s capabilities and complementary skills;
- Previous experience of working on projects in the Middle East would be advantageous, but is not essential
- A minimum of an engineering degree from a recognised University or other relevant qualification;
- Working towards obtaining full corporate membership of a professional institution. i.e. RICS, ICE, CIOB or CIArb
- Working towards or achieved a relevant higher degree in a relevant subjects such as MSc OR LLB or LLM etc
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is global consulting firm with expertise in disputes and investigation, corporate finance and strategy & operations. Their construction disputes division is a growing team of experts providing independent construction disputes services to the construction industry.
The company are looking to hire candidates with strong technical expertise to work in supporting roles to the lead testifying experts. Candidates who can demonstrate strong technical expertise and a talent for business development, will enjoy a structured career development path which could eventually lead to them becoming a Managing Director.
This position would suit candidates with a foundation of experience in a specialist delay analysis role relating to arbitration or litigation, who is looking to pursue a successful career in construction disputes with a global firm experiencing growth within this market.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£65k - £90k
+ Private medical insurance
+ Annual performance based bonus
- Associate Director - Delay Analyst Central London - £80k-£110k+benefits DOE
- Senior Delay Analyst Central London - £55k - £75k + Bonus + Benefits
- Construction Delay Analyst Expert London - to £120k + bonus + Incentive
- Director of Construction Dispute Resolution Vancouver, Canada - CAD$250k+ +Package
- Construction Delay Analyst Expert London - £150k + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend