Managing Consultant - Delay Expert WitnessRef MAX8884 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location London Salary £80k - £110k (DOE) Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 19/02/2020 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
An experienced Delay Analyst with several years of experience working alongside a reputable lead expert is required to join a highly reputable, medium sized expert witness consultancy in London.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious individual likely operating at Managing Consultant or Associate Director level with a similar expert witness consultancy and have prior experience of acting as the lead assistant to the expert.
In return you will work alongside the Director of the business on some of the largest and high profile disputes within the business. You will be gradually introduced to the businesses legal network, therefore maximising your chances of being given the opportunity to act in the lead expert role in due course.
This is a particularly exciting role within the business, as you will work directly alongside the businesses lead expert. This means that you will be involved on the highest profile work within the business. The hiring company have an excellent reputation for securing the expert role on high profile, international disputes that are preparing for arbitration or litigation.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Managing Consultant you will report directly into the Director of the business and work closely with him in providing high level analytical and report writing assistance on major disputes. As a senior member of the team, you may also be tasked with providing support and mentoring downstream to more junior staff within the business. Specific duties will include:
- Take full responsibility for the analysis and report writing of section(s) of the dispute (i.e. foundations etc.)
- Gathering of relevant data to support your report
- Carrying out expert analysis to a high level of scrutiny on data and documents relating to the dispute
- Drafting / Writing sections of the expert report using appropriate structure and language
- Forming an expert opinion based on your findings and presenting them internally to the lead expert
- Testifying internally within the business to defend your findings. This may also lead to standing up in court to testify as an Expert of /when required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have prior experience assisting on or independently writing / drafting Expert Reports
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a high level of expertise in dealing with delay related disputes
- Should have previous site based experience with a good technical knowledge of projects.
- Excellent written English skills
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to analyse documentation and specific issues within the dispute to the required level of scrutiny expected by the employer
- Ability to form sound and fair opinions, backed up by evidence
- Have acted as either the lead expert or lead assistant to the expert previously
- A relevant Degree or similar equivalent qualification is essential
- Further relevant qualifications / professional memberships such as MSc / LLM in Construction Law would be advantageous
- Membership to a relevant professional body such as the CIOB or similar would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a market leading construction consultancy who specialise in providing independent expert services on major international disputes. Whilst working for this employer you will gain invaluable experience by work alongside several leading industry experts on exciting and often high profile disputes.
The hiring company have successful track record of progressing employees who successfully carry out this role into performing the lead expert role. Therefore offering a fantastic career opportunity for any aspiring experts who are struggling to be given their first opportunity as the lead expert.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- £75k - £95k (Depending on experience)
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend