An experienced Planner with strong delay analysis and construction disputes experience is required in East Birmingham, UK to join an international market leader in the fields of expert witness, claims and construction disputes services. You should have experience of delay analysis and construction disputes on construction or infrastructure projects, and be familiar with the work that specialist consultancies do in the expert witness field. Some experience of adjudication, arbitration or litigation stages of construction claims & disputes is essential.
You will work as a Senior or Managing Consultant on major international construction disputes from a Midlands office. Projects will include major infrastructure projects such as Oil & Gas and Marine sector projects in various locations around the globe. You will be working from a Midlands office with irregular travel when required.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role will include (not limited to):
You will act as a Senior or Managing Consultant in the Expert Witness team, providing delay analysis and programming services on major construction disputes. You will work closely with the Lead Experts and Associates, maintaining the highest standards of work through the arbitration and litigation stages of formal construction dispute proceedings.
Some specific duties may include:
• High level expert report writing
• Provision of specialist expert advice
• Schedule/programme analysis
• Assessing lost productivity
• Assessing defective construction
• Assessing delay and disruption damages
Desired Skills and Experience
• Shown experience in Delay Analysis and construction disputes
• Professionalism and client facing ability
• A strong technical underpinning in construction planning and programming
• Relationship building skills
• A flexible approach to work
• An understanding of demands of project based work
• A sense of personal responsibility for the quality of work
- Degree qualified or equivalent in construction related topic
- Post graduate diploma/degree or similar in Construction Law related topic is preferred, or on route or willingness to undertake
- Member CIArb, CIOB or other relevant professional body is seen as an advantage
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a global consultancy with a specialist division in Expert Witness, Claims and Construction disputes services. They promote the improvement and training of staff at all levels, and provide unrivalled project and responsibility exposure to those showing the desire and ability to perform at a higher level.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive salary and package, with lucrative financial bonuses for high quality work.