A Managing Estimator is required to lead an Estimating team in Birmingham on major transport projects. You will be able to manage the assurance process, as well as run a large team of estimating staff on major projects in highways, rail, and aviation. This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a Managing Estimator for an international consultancy on some of the most prestigious projects in the UK construction sector.
Projects are of high profile in the UK transport sectors, including highways, rail and aviation. Projects will exceed £200m in value in many cases.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and oversee the entire Estimating Process reporting into the Head of Transport
- You will be responsible for the management of a large team of Estimating staff
- Manage the estimating assurance and governance process
- Oversee the award of contractor packages
- Training and development of estimating staff
- Take responsibility for the Estimating function providing a first class service to clients with the estimating department
- Understand project requirements
- Stakeholder management
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience estimating on major projects in transport sectors
- Experience in senior estimating roles
- Experience of managing a sizeable estimating team
- Ideally a degree holder in a relevant discipline
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is one of the leading construction and engineering consultancies on the globe that operates on some of the most prestigious projects in the UK and overseas. They are a multi-disciplinary consultancy that offers fantastic progression opportunities within.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package.