Managing Hydro Power Estimator
A Managing Hydro Power Estimator is required to join a major international construction consultancy to work in a globally mobile role on major Hydro Power projects between £400m and £3bn in value. You will be an Estimator with experience on Hydro Power / Dam projects that involve tunnelling, heavy civils, power houses (turbines), huge pumps and power supplies. You will be the lead Estimator client interfacing role, and preferably have a Main Contracting background or a Client Side background itself.
Projects will be purely in the Hydro Power (Dam construction) sector and involve tunnelling, heavy civils, power houses (turbines), huge pumps and power supplies. Project values will range from £400m - £3bn in value. Project will be in various locations around the world including places such as Brazil, China, Norway to name a few. You will have a flexible location in the UK being able to work out one of many offices the company operates in the UK region whilst you are in the UK.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation of tender reports on major Hydro Power Projects
- Be the lead Estimator on major projects in this sector whilst managing other staff members
- Be globally mobile and flexible to work on site in various locations around the world
- Review the Preparation of cost plans
- Be client interfacing and attend regular meetings / work alongside a client team
Desired Skills and Experience
- Estimating experience on Hydro Power projects is a must (Dam Construction)
- Experience working internationally on these projects
- Able to be a remote Estimator and be globally mobile
- Staff management experience
- Commercially biased background with a Main Contractor is preferred, or a client side Estimating role in itself
- Degree qualified in construction related discipline
- Chartered member of RICS, ICES, or CIOB is seen as a positive but stronger experience is key for this role
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a major international construction consultancy that works in all projects sectors across the globe. They employ 1000’s of staff and maintain a market leading reputation across all continents and sectors, being at the forefront of the industry.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Site allowance of 10% on basic salary, travel allowance, daily subsistence for being away (food expenses), accommodation provided on site.