Managing Quantity Surveyor
A Quantity Surveyor with a strong background on civils / infrastructure projects and good managerial qualities is required to work for one of the UAE's largest main contractors in Abu Dhabi.
The hiring company are a leading contractor in the delivery of large civils / infrastructure projects in the UAE and surrounding countries.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will work closely with the Operations Manager whilst reporting to Head Office. Your task will be to oversee the relevant commercial staff on all of the businesses Abu Dhabi projects (usually circa 1 - 5 at any time). This is a largely post contract role, however some involvement on pre-contract work will be required. Typical duties will include:
- Managing staff over multiple projects within the region
- Writing / delivering forecasts
- Cots / Value Reporting
- Presenting monthly results
- Contract Administration
- Ensuring company procedures are followed
- Identifying suitable tenders
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have strong managerial skills
- Experience of managing staff on multiple projects is desired
- Candidates must have very strong project experience on civil engineering / infrastructure projects
- Candidates should have a history of prolonged experience for reputable main contractors
- Particularly strong reporting skills (ie cost / value reports, forecasts etc) are required
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East is desired
- A Degree or similar equivalent is desired for Visa purposes.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UAE's largest and most reputable main contractors with a reputation for successfully delivering large civils / infrastructure projects in the country. They are a Western managed business with nearly 60 years experience of delivering projects in the Middle East and a strong client base including large amounts of repeat business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa 42k - 47k AED p/m all in package