Managing Quantity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the accurate & timely production of monthly cost and value reports, quarterly forecasts and cash-flows and present them to senior management.
- Provide commercial input to project strategy.
- Draft and promote usage of commercial procedures.
- Provide commercial input to contacts working with client's representatives.
- Deal with change management including adherence to programme
- Ensure applications for payment are made in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
- Provide commercial advice to the site team in connection with all project issues and provide input to area commercial discussions and reviews.
- Provide input to project start-up and close-out meetings.
- Assist with contract vetting and provide input to sub-contract documentation.
- Provide training and mentoring of staff
- Liaise with external consultants as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in a QS & Senior Quantity Surveyor role.
- Experience in managing staff and of successful control and closure of a civil engineering contracting project.
- Evidence of involvement in and understanding of construction law
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A highly regarded national civil engineering contractor with a range of work including bridge, road/highway, tunnel, rail and other infrastructure works.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
They offer a generous salary package & encourage professional development.