Managing Quantity Surveyor
One of the UK's most highly respected main contractors requires a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join their Cambridge office. The successful candidate will join a busy business unit delivering complex projects in the Cambridgeshire area.
This business unit typically delivers projects in the built environment, including commercial, educational and residential developments between £3m - £40m in value. These projects will largely be within the Cambridgeshire area, sometimes including projects into surrounding counties including into East Anglia.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Managing Quantity Surveyor the successful candidate will be expected to be capable of commercially managing projects up to circa £40m in value. The role will sit in between the Senior Quantity Surveyors and the Commercial Manager and depending on workload, you will be expected to either manage the company's largest projects or oversee numerous projects and co-ordinate with site based Quantity Surveyors to ensure projects are remaining profitable.
Typical duties include:
- Management and mentorship of junior staff members
- Overseeing multiple projects
- Prepare commercial reports and forecasts for the Commercial Manager
- Dealing with complex contractual issues
- Writing contractual letters
- Assess risk and entitlement in contracts and act accordingly
- Deal with staffing / resource issues for projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have experience in a similar position with a reputable national or regional contractor
- Experience of being commercially responsible for large scale projects is essential
- Candidates will have had exposure to new build projects.
- Candidates should have a strong understanding of common forms of contracts
- Must have strong contractual experience. ie, identifying and submitting claims and variations where applicable
- Candidates should be ambitious and driven individuals
- Proven capability of being able to successfully manage and mentor junior Quantity Surveyors
- Excellent communication skills are required
- A degree or similar equivalent qualification is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK's most respected contractors. They have a reputation for being a fantastic employer and nationally, they have delivered signature projects across the UK. The Cambridgeshire office deals with smaller to medium sized projects ranging between £3m - £40m, typically in the built environment.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£50k - £75k (Depending on experience)