Managing Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8439 Job Posted 11/02/2019 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Central Birmingham Salary Circa £60k + Car Allowance + Benefits Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
An exciting new role exists as the Managing Quantity Surveyor for a newly created Birmingham office for a national main contractor preparing for work in the Midlands region on HS2.
The successful candidate will take up this role in the employers newly created central Birmingham office. The purpose of this role will eventually be to work on HS2 related projects in Birmingham on area south of Birmingham.
In the immediate term, you will work closely with the Estimating team on pre-contract work as well as providing support to current projects in the Midlands area.
The hiring company are a multi-disciplinary main contractor capable of carrying out large projects across all sectors of the industry. The specific role on offer is to work within the civils and infrastructure division of the business where the hiring company is well placed as a tier 2 supplier for HS2 related packages and framework agreements.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will play an important role within the commercial team. Reporting directly into the Commercial Manager, you will be the company’s sole commercial contact based full time in the new Birmingham office until work gets underway on HS2 related projects.
Initially, you will be heavily involved in the pre-contract stage of projects relating to HS2 as well as providing commercial support to ongoing projects within the region. In time, you will play a key role in the delivery of projects and work closely with the Commercial Manager to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of sites.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have strong experience in a senior level Quantity Surveying role for a reputable main contractor
- Some evidence of doing pre-contract work for a main contractor is desired
- Ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of large scale civil engineering and infrastructure projects
- Driven and proactive approach to work with the desire to help drive a business forward in exciting times
- Experience of NEC form of contract is desired
- Candidates should be qualified to Degree level or hold a similar equivalent qualification
- Membership to the RICS or ICES would be advantageous but is not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a reputable, national main contractor with a turnover within the top 50 contractors in the UK. They carry out large scale projects across all sectors of the construction industry.
They have an excellent reputation for delivering infrastructure work throughout the country and are well positioned to be heavily involved on the HS2 project as a Tier 2 supplier.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £55k - £60k
+ Car Allowance
+ Other benefits
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Croydon, South London - £50k + car allowance
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Dubai - 42,000 – 47,500 AED’s per Month all in
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Bahrain - 4,000 – 4,750 BD’s per Month all in
- Managing Quantity Surveyor Havant, Hampshire - £60k - £75k + Car
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Havant, Hampshire - £50k - £65k + Car
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend