Managing Quantity Surveyor
An exciting role exists for a hands on Managing Quantity Surveyor to join a British run Cost Consultancy based in Dubai. This is a slightly unique role in that the successful candidate will split their time between a hands on Senior QS role on projects for the business, whilst also working as the Managing Surveyor in the company, supporting the Director of the business with the day to day running of the business. The position would suit an experienced Senior QS or a current Managing QS who is happy to work in a hands on role, whilst assuming management responsibilities.
The company have a varied range of projects, however, they do a large amount of their work on the various Dubai based airports. Work will include pre and post contract duties.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will report directly to the Director of the business and assist with the day to day running of the company, whilst also remaining in a hands on Quantity Surveying role on one or more projects. The split between your duties are estimated to be roughly 75% in a hands on Senior Quantity Surveying capacity and 25% in a more strategic managerial role.
Typical duties as part of this role will include:
• Tender evaluation & assessment
• Preparation of cost plans
• Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
• Preparing and presenting cash flow & cost management advice to clients
• Interpreting and offering advice on contract
• Ensuring contractual notices and client entitlements are properly administered
• Preparation of contractor’s payment recommendations
• Measuring & valuing variations
• Agreement of final accounts
• Management of other members of staff, both Quantity Surveyors and Measurement Technicians
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have a minimum of 15 years post qualification experience to meet client approval to work on the projects that the hiring company are involved in
- Previous experience of working on airport-related projects for a reasonable period of time is essential
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East is desired. However, candidates with strong airport experience elsewhere in the World that meet all the other criteria will be considered
- Experience of carrying out a combination of pre and post contract duties as a Quantity Surveyor is required
- It is essential that candidates are qualified to Degree level or hold an equivalent qualification
- Candidates must be full members of the RICS or a similar equivalent professional body
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is an established British run Cost Consultancy who have operated in Dubai, UAE for over 20 years and have built up a strong client base of prestigious clients.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The salary for this position is negotiable dependant on experience
As a rough guide salary will be circa 45k - 50k AED p/m all in
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to complete 6 months with the business before taking any holiday.