Managing Quantity Surveyor
A Managing Quantity Surveyor is being sought by a Tier 1 Main Contractor to oversee multiple school projects in Harrow and Barnet, London, with values in excess of £8,000,000. Could this be an excellent opportunity to showcase your skills?
The successful candidate will be overseeing multiple school projects in Harrow and Barnet, London, with values in excess of £8m. These will include both new build and refurbishment projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Managing Quantity Surveyor, you will be reporting directly to the Commercial Manager and will be expected to oversee a number of commercial aspects of the projects including, but not limited to:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Conducting measurements
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of claims
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Extensive experience working on build projects
- Excellent negotiating skills
- IT Literate
- The ability to use your own initiative
- Excellent management skills
- Work well within a team
- Highly organised
- Excellent contractual knowledge
- Experience working on commercial build projects is an advantage, but not essential for this role
A degree or similar equivalent in quantity surveying or alternative relevant discipline is highly desirable.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a market leading Main Contractor with a turnover exceeding £1bn in the UK. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a big player and to prove, and enhance your skills on Major Projects..
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£60k-£70k per annum + benefits