Managing Quantity Surveyor
A Managing Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a leading UK main contractor operating in the Water sector in the Hampshire area. The successful candidate will work for one of the UK’s largest and most reputable main contractors from an office based in Havant, Hampshire. You will be responsible for Quantity Surveying duties associated to a major water programme in the South East.
The successful candidate will exclusively be involved on a major water programme in the South East, based out of an office in Havant, Hampshire. The main contract is being carried out using NEC 3 contract.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Management and control of commercial aspects of projects
• Encouragement and creation of a teamwork culture, recognising the responsibilities of the line management structure
• Responsibility for the quantity surveying functions
• Assistance in the procurement of subcontracts
• To maximise profitability working within the requirements of the conditions of contract
• Participation in the management of the team including management of resource levels, providing direction, leadership, and assessing the training and development requirements of quantity surveying staff
• Provision of commercial expertise
• Provision of accurate and timely commercial reports and advice to the management team
• Maintain commercial information to the contract
Desired Skills and Experience
• Relevant experience covering commercial management, quantity surveying, project management and estimating services, and a sound understanding of commercial risk analysis and assessment
• Solid understanding of NEC3 conditions of contract
• Knowledge and experience of cost and value reporting, cash flow forecasting
• Contract claims experience
• Procurement of subcontractors
• Experience of supervising quantity surveying staff
• Experienced in negotiation and settlement of disputes and accounts relating to customers and suppliers
• Experienced in the management of staff, including managing performance development and following disciplinary procedures.
• BSc or HND (or similar equivalent) in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent commercially related discipline is desired
• Preferably a member of RICS or ICE
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK’s largest and renowned main contractors, employing in excess of 4,500 staff and operating across all sectors of the UK construction industry. The company have a strong presence in the water / utilities sector in the Hampshire region with a major water provider. They can offer suitable candidates the opportunity to work for a market leading employer listed on the FTSE 250, offering a highly competitive basic salary and benefits package.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£60k – 75k (Depending on experience & qualifications)
+ Car Allowance
+ Other benefits