Managing Quantity Surveyor
A fantastic opportunity exists to become the Managing Quantity Surveyor for the regional office of one of the largest main contractors in the UK. The successful will report to the Commercial Manager and be responsible for managing a team of Quantity Surveyors and overseeing staff on multiple projects.
As Managing Quantity Surveyor, you will not be responsible for working on one project. Instead, you will oversee a number of projects and the relevant staff on those projects.
Typical projects will typically range from £1m - £20m in value within the built environment. Typical projects include schools, hospitals and commercial properties amongst others.
Responsibilities and Duties
As the Managing Quantity Surveyor, you will report to the Commercial Manager for the regional office whilst directly managing a team of Quantity Surveyors and overseeing a number of projects.
Typical Duties will include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day running of multiple projects
- Managing a team of Quantity Surveyors
- Contract Negotiation
- Dispute Avoidance / Resolution
- Mentoring and Training junior members of staff
- Taking an active role in dealing general high level issues on site
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have substantial experience as a Quantity Surveyor at a senior level and managing / mentoring a reasonable number of junior staff
- Candidates must have a strong bias towards working for reputable main contractors
- Candidates should have demonstrable skills and experience of dealing with dispute avoidance / resolution issues in their previous role(s)
- The company are a main contractor in the building sector, therefore candidates with knowledge and experience on such projects are preferred
- A formal qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar equivalent is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading name in the UK Construction industry. They have been consistently ranked in the top 20 contractors in the UK by turnover and have an excellent reputation as a contractor for delivering sizable projects and also a an employer for construction professionals. The successful candidate will fill an important role in the company's regional office based in Leicester.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £60k - £70k + Car + Benefits