Managing Quantity Surveyor
An experienced Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a leading global consultancy providing project services to a large number of prestigious clients in Oman. This is an interesting role to work closely with the Commercial Manager as their second in command.
This is an interesting vacancy that combines Project Quantity Surveying with managing and mentoring staff across numerous projects. The role may suit experienced Senior Quantity Surveyors looking to get more managerial experience.
The company are extremely busy at present and winning new work every month. The vast majority of the company's current order book is construction related. For example hotels, residential, commercial and retail developments although they are capable of performing their role for any sector.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will second in command to the Commercial Manager and work with him closely to oversee the progress of a number of projects at any one time.Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Client representation
- Attending meetings in the Commercial Managers absence
- Mentoring and training staff on projects
- Preparation of bills
- Contracts Management
- Contract documentation
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have strong experience in managing / overseeing projects and able to work largely independently in this regard
- Demonstrable leadership and managing skills are essential, particularly the ability to train and mentor more junior members of staff to get the best out of project teams
- Strong client facing skills are essential
- Candidates will strong and demonstrable experience in Contract Administration / Management
- Candidates must be Degree qualified or hold an equivalent qualification for Visa purposes
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS would be advantageous but not essentia
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a global leading construction consultancy, capable of providing a number of consultancy services to its clients including contract administration, claims & dispute resolution and project management. They have a particularly large presence in the UK and Middle East region, although do work on all continents.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
4,000 - 4,500 OMR's per month + Medical Cover