Managing Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8959 Consultant Steve Thomas Region North and Scotland Location Nottingham Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 23/06/2020 Status Live
A Managing Quantity Surveyor job is available to be based in Nottingham to join a premium construction consultancy.
You should be a Quantity Surveyor with client side / consultancy experience ready to work at a Managing Quantity Surveyor level on a range of new build building sector projects.
As a Managing Quantity Surveyor you will work on a range of projects including commercial offices, accommodation blocks and housing schemes.
Projects will be a range of values, from sub £1million to £multi-million in value predominantly using the JCT and NEC forms of contract.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform the role of Quantity Surveyor / Managing Quantity Surveyor on a number of projects
- Perform the role of Employers Agent / Contract Administrator for clients on JCT and NEC forms of construction contract
- Undertake the management and supervision of Bank Monitoring assignments & supervise a team of junior support staff
- Pre and post contract management
- Assist in the development of the office
- Feasibility studies
- Cost planning
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Preparation of recommendations for the award of contractor packages
- Some business development responsibilities
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in a consultancy or client side role
- Experience working on building sector projects as a Quantity Surveyor
- Experience of employers agent and contract administrator roles
- It is essential that all appicants are MRICS Qualified i.e. are fully chartered Quantity Surveyors and have 10+ years PQE
- BSc Quantity Surveying degree is desirable also.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a first class construction consultancy that provides a variety of specialist cost, project management, employers agent, loan monitor and dispute and expert witness services to the construction sector.
They maintain a strong reputation throughout the wider construction market as a leader in Quantity Surveying, Project Management and Dispute Resolution services on a wide range of projects in various locations.
This is a fantastic place to boost your career and gain unrivalled exposure to a wide range of scenarios in a variety of project sectors.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive package including a car or car allowance, pension scheme, and private health care.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend