Managing Quantum ConsultantRef MAX8724 Job Posted 06/06/2019 Region London Location Central London Salary Circa £70k - £90k + Bonus + Benefits Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Managing Consultant role exists with a specialist Expert Witness Consultancy based in Central London.
The role exists to work within the Quantum division of this market leading specialist consultancy. The vacancy would suit someone who has had a successful commercial background and has since moved into a specialist disputes related role where they have been heavily involved in Expert Witness and Advisory services.
This is an exciting role to work for a market leading expert witness consultancy who are appointed on major international disputes. These have included some of the most high profile disputes in the World and relate to projects across all sectors of the construction and engineering industry.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties of this role may be dependent on the size of each individual dispute you are working on. However this is a mid-management role which will see you provide a high quality support and assistance to the lead expert, likely getting frequent exposure in the lead assistant role. Whilst also being able to provide support to more junior members of the team when required.
Specific duties will include:
- Providing excellent and thorough support to the lead expert on disputes
- Provide highly analytical expert opinions backed up by evidence on Quantum related issues within disputes
- Writing / Drafting highly analytical and accurate reports, or sections of reports
- Liaising with multiple parties both internally and externally to gather necessary information and documentation
- Providing support to junior members of staff
- Be prepared to be cross-examined internally on your opinion
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have demonstrable experience of writing / drafting expert reports
- Must have had a successful background in a Quantity Surveying role, ideally for reputable employers and on large scale projects
- A highly analytical and methodical approach to tasks
- Incredibly thorough in the work that you do
- A personable and professional manner
- Genuine passion to progress in the expert witness sector
- Must have a relevant Chartership. Ideally membership to the RICS, however other similar equivalents may be considered.
- Must be Degree qualified in a relevant subject (or similar equivalent)
- Ideally have / be working towards and MSC or LLM in construction Law
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the global market leaders for Expert Witness work around the globe. They have an excellent reputation in the market for providing expert services, and some of the most respected Lead Experts in the industry.
As well as having a fantastic reputation for their standard of work, they’re also highly respected as an employer. The business is large enough to have a corporate feel, however not too large that it has no personality.
They pay a competitive salary with regular pay reviews and are highly respected for promoting internally, meaning they offer excellent career prospects for candidates wanting a long-term career in expert services and ambitions to become fully fledged independent experts in the future.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £70k - £90k (Dependant on experience)
+ Discretionary bonus (in the region of 10% - 25%)
+ Benefits package (inc. Pension and private medical cover)
- Senior Claims Consultant South Yorkshire - Circa £750 - £800 per day
- Director of Expert Witness Services Central London - Neg Salary + Bonus + Benefits
- Associate Director Quantum Claims Munich, Germany - Negotiable Basic Salary + Benefits
- Associate Director Quantum Claims Liverpool - £70k - £85k + Bonus + Benefits
- Associate Director Quantum Claims Manchester - £70k - £85k + Bonus + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend